API v2 released with provisioning features
Yesterday REC.VC API v2 was successfully released in production. The new API version includes a number of new features including API calls for:
- Provisioning of Users and Recorders
- Management of Companies in hierarchical structures
The new API features in combination with the previously released API features for call control (v1) are designed for video conferencing service providers and vendors/manufacturers integrating REC.VC’ recording, storage and playback features with their own provisioning systems, customer portal, etc.
Typical use cases for the new API includes:
- Adding a record button (and possibly playback button) to a video conference client, endpoint, or VMR interface.
- Provisioning of recorders and users via customer portal, provisioning system, or similar
- Hierarchical structure of Companies to reflect the sales channel
(e.g. Service Provider > Reseller > End customer > Departement)
The API including sandbox for testing is available via the following URLs:
You may test and use the API using your existing REC.VC credentials. New users can register for a REC.VC trial here.