REC.VC HIPAA Edition for secure recording and storage of telehealth sessions
The use of video conferencing services such as Pexip, StarLeaf, Webex and Zoom have exploded for doctor-patient sessions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Based on patient consent, many healthcare providers choose record these telehealth session for one or more of the following reasons:
- Regulatory compliance
- Quality assurance and training
- Documentation of good practise
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a US federal law that protects the privacy of personal health information. It is the responsibility of the healthcare provider to ensure that a HIPAA compliant solution is used, both for telehealth sessions as well as for the solution used for recording of doctor-patient sessions.
The REC.VC cloud service is HIPAA compliant for recording of telehealth sessions on most video conferencing platforms including Pexip, StarLeaf, Webex and Zoom.
The REC.VC HIPAA Edition includes the following:
- Use of the REC.VC fully redundant data centers in Ashburn, VA, with Equinix
- Customer branded portal and domain
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for any user within an organization*
- Automatic provisioning of new user accounts based on SSO
- Optional automatic secure (S)FTP(S) export (for organizations wanting the recordings to be stored on premise and not with the REC.VC cloud service
- Encrypted communication with third-party video conferencing services
- Encrypted recordings (at rest)
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA) signed with the Covered Entity
* SSO is based on REC.VC’s support for SAML 2.0 which enables integration with any SAML 2.0 supported authentication source.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the REC.VC HIPAA edition.
New to REC.VC? Sign up for a 14 day free trial today!