White Label REC.VC with your brand
Recording should be a key component in any Video Conferencing (VC) service offering. At REC.VC we are convinced it is best provided to customers and users under the brand of the VC service. Service providers may evaluate one or a combination of the following white label approaches for REC.VC:
- Register recorder addresses with your domain
- White label the REC.VC user portal with your brand
- Add recording button to your existing user interface
Register recorder addresses with your domain
As a service provider, you may already be providing your users with their personal video address or SIP URIs, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. You can in a similar fashion provide users with their personal recorder video address, e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REC.VC recorders can register to any SIP registrar (just like any SIP device) but depending on the use case and interop requirements, registering the recorders to a Cisco VCS may be the way to go. For 1st line support and troubleshooting purposes we recommend that the SIP registrar in question is under your management (which is likely the point anyway since your existing domain(s) point to this SIP registrar). Alternatively, REC.VC can provide SIP registrar whom you can point your domain to (SRV records).
White label the REC.VC user portal with your brand
As multitenant cloud platform, REC.VC enables white label sites per reseller or service provider (and even for each customer subject to commercial terms). Each white label site can be provisioned with:
- Your preferred domain (e.g. rec.yourbrand.com) or yourbrand.rec.vc
- Your logo, favicon.ico and font(s)
- Your colors on buttons and backgrounds
- Your content (title, body, footer, etc)
The white label sites come with an optional registration field enabling resellers and service providers to use the site for lead-gen purposes in addition to providing existing users with a recording and playback user interface.
You may visit my.rec.vc and yourbrand.rec.vc to see examples of REC.VC sites (in addition to the screenshots illustrating this blog post).
Add recording button to your existing interface
For service providers and vendors/manufacturers wanting to make REC.VC recording, streaming and/or playback an integral part of their existing user interface, we recommend using the REC.VC API which includes all the features and capabilities available in the REC.VC user portal. The API can e.g. be used in the following areas:
- Provisioning of Companies (in hierarchical structure, parent/child relation), and users and recorders within Companies.
- Call control for calling out from the recorders (to be used when adding recording button to your existing interface), disconnecting calls, and retrieval of call statistics.
- Retrieval of recorded video meta data (video thumbnail, title, URL) for playback in your existing user interface or portal.