It has never been easier to schedule, join, record, and playback your meetings, across any collaboration platform
The Synergy SKY Meeting Server (SMS) makes it easy to schedule and join meetings with the push of a button. The REC.VC cloud service makes it easy for anyone to record & share their video meetings.
Together REC.VC andÂ SMS make a powerful combo enabling users to:
- Schedule meetings with optional recording directly from native integration with Microsoft Outlook and Google G Suite.
- Join meetings using their preferred personal apps (Skype for Business, Spark, Pexip, etc), browser (WebRTC) or by walking into a meeting room with Cisco or Polycom and their respective One Button to Push and Click-To-Join technologies.
- Any meeting with recording scheduled will automatically be recorded.
- Share, play, or download the recorded meeting afterwards.
Simply put, SMSÂ and REC.VC remove the traditional cross-platform obstacles when scheduling, joining and recording a video meeting. And if you for any reason were not able to attend the meeting, you will always have the second-best option available, you can get up to speed by watching the recorded meeting on any device whenever convenient for you.
1. Technical Setup
- SMSÂ installedï½œDownload trialï½œMore details
- REC.VC Enterprise Subscriptionï½œFree trial ï½œMore details
- MCU or VMR cloud: On-premises or cloud based private meeting platform such as Pexip or VMR cloud service like Videonor. Cisco Meeting Server will also do the trick.
- Endpoints and clients from Cisco, Pexip, Polycom, Videonor, StarLeaf, and/or Microsoft.
1.1 Microsoft Exchange
In Microsoft Exchange there needs to be added a new Resource for recordings. The Exchange Resource email address can e.g. be email@example.com, and must allow for conflicting bookings.
The same email used for the above Exchange Resource needs to be entered into the SMS Configurator:
In addition, there needs to be Regex Rules defined to match the organizer of the meeting with his/her personal REC.VC recording address:
Matching rule: (.*)@acme.com
Replace rule: \1@.rec.acme.com
REC.VC Recorder= firstname.lastname@example.org
On the REC.VC side, every meeting organizer needs to have a REC.VC account with an associated recorder address, e.g. email@example.com. This is best handled based on a SAML 2.0 integration between ACMEâ€™s authentication source and REC.VC, and will ensure SSO and auto-provisioning of accounts when users access the REC.VC user interface the first time.
2. Technical Workflow
- Schedule: Meeting organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org) creates a new Outlook invite and adds the Recorder Resource (email@example.com) in addition to the People to be invited.
- Meet: People join the meeting using their prefered device or app. The Synergy SKY Meeting Server instructs ACMEâ€™s MCU to dial out from the VMR in question to the REC.VC recorder of the Meeting organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Play: The meeting organizer accesses his/her REC.VC account to play, share or download the recorded meeting.