How do you want mix video and content when recording or live streaming a video meeting?
You have two alternatives for where mixing of video and content take place when using REC.VC to record or live stream (REC.VC hosted or on Facebook, Workplace or YouTube) a video meeting:
- Mixing on the videoconference platform or service (e.g. by Cisco collaboration platform/service (Webex Events, Webex Meetings, Webex Teams, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS)), or Pexip (Cloud or Infinity)).
- Mixing on REC.VC side based on two streams from the remote side.
REC.VC offers 18 layouts when mixing takes place on REC.VC side:
- 16 layouts for regular 720p (1280×720) recording & streaming
- 2 layouts for special 720p x 2 recording for maximum quality
How to enable or change a layout?
A REC.VC Admin Users can change the layout for a user within own organization:
- Go to the edit interface of the Recorder in question
- Enable BFCP* (if not already enabled)
- Select layout from the Video Layout dropdown
If you do not have admin permission, please contact your REC.VC Admin User or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Video Layout for your account.
* Technical: When BFCP is enabled, REC.VC will receive two streams from the remote side (content + people) and mix according to the selected Video Layout. For customers on the rec.vc domain, or for customers with Recorders registered to own VCS, the VCS will do the interworking between H.239 (H.323) and BFCP (SIP).
New to REC.VC? Sign up for a free trial today!