We are excited to announce the release of 16 new REC.VC layouts providing users with greater flexibility for mixing of content and people when recording & streamingÂ their video calls, training sessions or town hall meetings.
The release includes the following:
- 14 layouts provide users with a regular 720p (1280×720)Â recording & streaming.
- 2 layouts provide users with special 720p x 2 recording for maximum quality, either as the Double Width layout (2560×720) or the Double Height layout (1280×1440). During live streams, these layouts will be scaled down to regular 720p format.
How to enable or change a layout?
In the current version, REC.VC Admin Users can change the layout for a user with the following steps:
- Go to the edit interface of the Recorder in question
- Enable BFCP* (if not already enabled)
- Select layout from the Video Layout dropdown
If you do not have admin permission, please contact your REC.VC Admin User or email email@example.com to request a Video LayoutÂ for your account.
* Technical: When BFCP is enabled, REC.VC will receive two streams from the remote side (content + people) and mix according to the selected Video Layout. For customers on the rec.vc domain, or for customers with Recorders registered to own VCS, the VCS will do the interworking betweenÂ H.239 (H.323) and BFCP (SIP).
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
New to REC.VC? Sign up for a 14 day free trial today!
The layouts …Â
Posted in Live Streaming, New features, Recording, Uncategorized Tagged with: BFCP, h.239, h.323, mixing, sip, video layout