The Synergy SKY Meeting Server (SMS) makes it easy to schedule and join meetings with the push of a button. The REC.VC cloud service makes it easy for anyone to record & share their video meetings.
Together REC.VC andÂ SMS make a powerful combo enabling users to:
- Schedule meetings with optional recording directly from native integration with Microsoft Outlook and Google G Suite.
- Join meetings using their preferred personal apps (Skype for Business, Spark, Pexip, etc), browser (WebRTC) or by walking into a meeting room with Cisco or Polycom and their respective One Button to Push and Click-To-Join technologies.
- Any meeting with recording scheduled will automatically be recorded.
- Share, play, or download the recorded meeting afterwards.
Simply put, SMSÂ and REC.VC remove the traditional cross-platform obstacles when scheduling, joining and recording a video meeting. And if you for any reason were not able to attend the meeting, you will always have the second-best option available, you can get up to speed by watching the recorded meeting on any device whenever convenient for you.
1. Technical Setup
- SMSÂ installedï½œDownload trialï½œMore details
- REC.VC Enterprise Subscriptionï½œFree trial ï½œMore details
- MCU or VMR cloud: On-premises or cloud based private meeting platform such as Pexip or VMR cloud service like Videonor. Cisco Meeting Server will also do the trick.
- Endpoints and clients from Cisco, Pexip, Polycom, Videonor, StarLeaf, and/or Microsoft.
1.1 Microsoft Exchange
In Microsoft Exchange there needs to be added a new Resource for recordings. The Exchange Resource email address can e.g. be email@example.com, and must allow for conflicting bookings.
The same email used for the above Exchange Resource needs to be entered into the SMS Configurator:
In addition, there needs to be Regex Rules defined to match the organizer of the meeting with his/her personal REC.VC recording address:
Matching rule: (.*)@acme.com
Replace rule: \1@.rec.acme.com
REC.VC Recorder= firstname.lastname@example.org
On the REC.VC side, every meeting organizer needs to have a REC.VC account with an associated recorder address, e.g. email@example.com. This is best handled based on a SAML 2.0 integration between ACMEâ€™s authentication source and REC.VC, and will ensure SSO and auto-provisioning of accounts when users access the REC.VC user interface the first time.
2. Technical Workflow
- Schedule: Meeting organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org) creates a new Outlook invite and adds the Recorder Resource (email@example.com) in addition to the People to be invited.
- Meet: People join the meeting using their prefered device or app. The Synergy SKY Meeting Server instructs ACMEâ€™s MCU to dial out from the VMR in question to the REC.VC recorder of the Meeting organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Play: The meeting organizer accesses his/her REC.VC account to play, share or download the recorded meeting.
Posted in How to, New features, Record meeting Tagged with: One Button to Push, record meeting, schedule recording